Re: How to keep debian current??

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 08:23:09AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/15/2010 08:16 AM, RyanJB wrote:
> >Thanks for the comprehensive reply, it's like you just whipped up
> >a new documentation for this problem ;)
> >
> >I think it's best for me to run lenny with backport. My need is
> >actually only a stable home system. I do favor current apps
> >though; I often use betas (but not alphas), but I can live with
> >old apps.
> >

> Then use Sid.  Lots of non-geeks do.

Why??? I think he made a correct judgement.

He said "I can live with old apps".

He can always run sid in chroot or virtual machine.  But the fact that
he is asking this question is the proof, he should get to lern Debian
system now.

Once he will get to used to Debian system, he can do sid as I do or Ron
does.  But I think it is premature.  Give him few months, he will....

Osamu