Re: apect ration change on wide monitor

On Mon, 17 May 2010 07:57:13 +0200, Martin wrote:

>> > In manual for monitor I did not find any note about such posibility.
>> > I have LG FLATRON W1943SS.
>>
>> Not the same monitor (LG FLATRON W2042S) but have had no success in
>> finding anything to auto-switch the 4:3 modes correctly.  My assumption
>> being that, because there's a button to do the job, it's not possible
>> to do it in software as the relevant commands don't exist to do it.
>
> Is this generaly not possible for any monitor or some (more expensive,
> perhaps other manufacturer) do have this feature?

LCD displays are designed to work well at only one resolution (native
resolution). Your display seems to be those called "wide", with an aspect-
ratio of 16:10 and should be set at 1680x1050. Some displays, when using
analog input (VGA) have a button to "auto-set" the values.

That "4:3 in wide" feature must be hardware provided, I guess. It could
be useful for displaying video sources with 4:3 aspect ratio (in order to
keep the image undistorted), but I find that not convenient for
displaying computer images :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón