apect ration change on wide monitor

I got a new wide monitor (my first LCD).
It is capeable of this resolutions:
Modes		"1360x768" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

when I switch to any of the resolution with 4:3 aspect ratio
picture is streched so everything is wider than it should be.
To remedy this, on monitor are some buttons and I can switch it to
4:3 ration (than there are black stripws of empty spaces on
left and right border of monitor but the picture is fine - not
streched out). I do dis switch by manually pressing buttons
on monitor.

I wonder if there is some program that can perform this swich by
issuing command from computer instead of me manually pressing the
buttons on monitor?

In manual for monitor I did not find any note about such posibility.
I have LG FLATRON W1943SS.

Martin