Re: Still can't read DVDs/CDs

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs> wrote:
> > *What I'm doing to mount the media: *
> > root@debian:/home/stuckey# mount /dev/sr0
> > mount: block device /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sr0,
> >        missing codepage or helper program, or other error
> >        (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
> >        ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
> >        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
> >        dmesg | tail  or so
> Is this a data or audio CD (audio CDs can't be mounted, only played)? Is
> it possible to test with another OS on the same hardware?

As another poster pointed, the device could be wrongly picked up.
Also, I'm not sure for udf, made on win. Best bet would be to
mount it by the hand, trying all devices out. Further, helps to use
dvd/cd that worked as a charm previously.
Do you noticed any change in /dev directory after inserting op-
tical media in the device?
Best regards

                                Zoran

Sometimes I'll get "mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0" or it will mount, or it will give me the other error message I posted.

I just put a disc in, tried to mount it three times, and got three different results. Now it is mounted and /dev looks like http://paste.debian.net/73572/

Now I've taken the disc out and dev looks like: http://paste.debian.net/73573/

They look the same to me.