Re: Updrading or reinstalling?

On 5/14/2010 9:25 PM, ryanjonathanb@gmail.com wrote:
Is it better to upgrade debian using dist-upgrade or just download the new iso and reinstalling it?? I'm waiting for the squeeze final release.. Currently still using lenny.

I used the testing installer recently, and was amazed at how terrible and buggy it was, so, if I had a working system, I would certainly upgrade in preference to using that dreadful installer. However, I would rather upgrade piecemeal with safe-upgrade rather than use dist-upgrade. Too dangerous and drastic. Be sure you research some of the stumbling blocks, like the udev thing. (Upgrade udev *before* you upgrade the kernel.)

MAA