Re: How to keep debian current??

Alan Ianson wrote:
On Fri May 14 2010 11:22:54 pm Ron Johnson wrote:
On 05/15/2010 01:14 AM, Alan Ianson wrote:
On Fri May 14 2010 09:48:47 pm RyanJB wrote:
Hi,

With the latest apps keep pouring in, is there any way to keep debian in
the "cutting edge"? I mean, how to keep debian as updated as, say,
ubuntu or even sidux?? You know, latest iceweasel, openoffice, gnome,
etc. Maybe using unstable or experimental repo? I'm sure there's many
ways to do this, but I just don't know.. I'm new to debian :(
If you want the latest I'd run either testing or unstable. I have both
stable and unstable installed. Most of the time I run unstable.
+1 Sid/Unstable

Yep, even though it's called unstable it's like a rock.. :)

Indeed, and that needs to be stressed. "Unstable" it may be called but I find it very stable, as long as you don't burn your bridges behind you.

Hugo