Re: Updraiding or reinstalling?

> Is it better to upgrade debian using dist-upgrade or just download the new iso and reinstalling it?? I'm waiting for the squeeze final release.. Currently still using lenny.

I found it the best was to know previously what was the purpose
of the node and what would you want it to do in the future. That
way you may blame only yourself.
The final answer cannot be given. Even operating system should
be the matter of personal preference. Graphics, console... It
is something one has to choose himself. People on other unices
take an approach toward constant upgrade. Take a look at some
freebsd posts on stable and you will recognise the same doubt.
So, if you want minimal, make a new install and experiment a bit.
If you feel at home, just upgrade. You could reinstall anytime.
Finally, you have an option to do both. First try to upgrade, then
reinstall.
Best regards

                                 Zoran