Re: How to manage multiple Internet connections?

Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sat,15.May.10, 16:32:05, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
>>> The second one
>>> bonding http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/bonding
>>> whit this one you can plus the bandwidth.
>>>

>> `Bonding' seems to achieve what I wanted to do. Thanks.
>>

> But will probably not work in you case, as it was meant to combine two
> (or more?) network ports from the same computer connected to the same
> switch.

The description says

==
The Linux bonding driver provides a method for aggregating
multiple network interfaces into a single logical
bonded <http://en.wikipedia.com/wiki/Link_aggregation> interface.
==

Strictly speaking, this is what I want. Now, your interpretation seems
to be based on the definition of a link aggregation, which I am not
really familiar with. Basically, I want to merge connections into one,
or at least divide and use them separately, in an easy way. This is not
a so-rare situation, is it? E.g. you might be wandering in some zone
where you can use the WiFi, but where it is sometimes unavailable, say
at specific regions. If you manage to use another connection, for
example the one that is given by your mobile phone/smartphone /via/
Bluetooth (which is then connected to the internet through other
protocols), it should be possible to switch between these two
connections, or to use them simultaneously, if, say, WiFi 's range is
too small or WiFi's bandwidth too small compared to the smartphone's
one. (Okay, this is not a really realistic example.)

You might also share an internet connection with your neighbour,
legally, and use it a lot when he does not need it. Then, if you already
use ethernet, you can use both connections. But how?

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.