Re: Flash is open?

Hello Camaleón,

> What I wanted to say is that in the event I had to choose a format for
> delivering my work, I -for sure- wouldn't go for Flash, although Adobe
> claims is "open".
>
> OTOH, as many others have pointed out, Flash format maybe now open, but
> "players" are still in a very bad shape (and I am not talking about Gnash/
> swfdec, but Adobe's own flash player for linux). It's crappy and buggy.
>
> So the reality is that anyone wanting to view a flash based site has to
> have Adobe Flash player installed as is the only one able to fully
> support all the features listed in their "open" specs.

THE SPECS ARE OPEN and if the Open Source Community is not able or  even
willing to implement it, it is NOT THE FAULT of Adobe.

> And the same situation goes for Adobe Reader for Linux. I dunno what is
> going on with Adobe but true is that I dislike the path is taking that
> company :-/

I am using Debian GNU/Linux since over 11 years and I have more then  20
commercial progras like Eagle, FAB3000 and VariCAD with a total value of
more then 80.000 Euro  installed,  because  there  are  NO  Open  Source
equivalents available.

...and no, gEda is NO OPTION du to the incompatible Gerber  outputs  and
it can not handel Layots with BGA 421 and bigger plus  correct  handling
of more then 4 Signal layers (I need at least 8).  Auto-Router? Oh Hell!

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator

itsystems@tdnet France           itsystems@tdnet UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Gesch. Michelle Konzack          Gesch. Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz               Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France         77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil       Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de