Re: Flash is open?

On 05/14/2010 09:58 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2010 15:45:36 +0200, Artifex Maximus wrote:

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Camaleón wrote:

Can we (we=people) make our own Flash implementation by using Adobe
Flash specs?

Yes. "Developers are now free to implement what is documented in the
specifications without restrictions from Adobe."

I think you might separate the description of file format (free) and the
code itself (proprietary). So you can write your flash player using the
documentation but you cannot get the code of Adobe Flash Player.

O.k. here is what I was looking for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWF#Licensing

Which I mentioned very early in this thread...

<sigh>

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?