Re: How to Find a Printer Driver?

On Monday 10 May 2010 16:50:47 Kent West wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
> > So you mentioned backports. Reckon I'll go research how to configure
> > my sources.list file to do that, and how to use it.
>
> Wait! I've gotta digest all this in 15 minutes?!
>
> http://debian.ethz.ch/pub/debian-backports/utils/Backport-HOWTO.html

Nope.  That's for doing it yourself.

There's a lot of backports already maintained by existing DDs and DMs.  Check
out <http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions>.  Just add one
line to your sources.list and then (aptitude install hplip/lenny-backports)
should do it.

It's currently an unofficial service, but I think Debian wants to do something
like it as an official service during the lifetime of Squeeze or Squeeze+1 and
future releases.