Re: question about avoid duplicated ip address

On Mon, 10 May 2010 11:57:35 +0200, Israel Garcia wrote:

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Does this help?
>>
>> ***
>> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking#head-
d5446face7e308f577e5aee1c72cf9d156903722

> I could be possible for me to configure this on every dom0 and setup an
> DHCP server for all hosts. But, it's a little complicated. I'd prefer to
> look for other solution to see how can I protect my IP servers if a
> newone gets an used IP. I was taking a look at this
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipwatchd/, but I've to make my own test.
>
> Is there something similar tp ipwatchd inside debian OS?

It's available in Sid:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/ipwatchd-gnotify

But, are you sure you want such a solution for your Xen doms? :-?

That tool seems to be focused for desktop users and just for alerting
purposes, I mean, what is intended to do when it detects a IP conflict?

You can use a network scanner (nmap, arp-scan, netdiscover...) to prevent
assigning a duplicate IP address to the hosts but I'm not sure this is
your goal.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón