Re: question about avoid duplicated ip address

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:07 PM, deloptes <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Israel Garcia wrote:
>

>> I could be possible for me to configure this on every dom0 and setup
>> an DHCP server for all hosts. But, it's a little complicated. I'd
>> prefer to look for other solution to see how can I protect my IP
>> servers if a newone gets an used IP. I was taking a look at this
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipwatchd/, but I've to make my own
>> test.
>>

> we are using a global dhcp server. don't allow static ips in the virtual
> envs -
We have ebtables to do this job, nobody  can assing a static IP
address inside their domU. But, when I create a new domU, it could be
possible to setup an already used IP address from another server. This
is exactly what I want to avoid. I just want to protect all other IP
servers for being stolen. :-)

regards
Israel

 they should get it over the master dhcp server.