Re: question about avoid duplicated ip address

On Mon, 10 May 2010 10:19:52 +0200, Israel Garcia wrote:

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Javier Barroso wrote:

>> Configure dhcp with fixed addresses configured
>>
> It's possible but in my case MAC address  are random given by xen so
> it's a little difficult to map MAC-IP on a DHCP server. I mean, when I
> create a new instance on xen, it gives me a ramdon MAC address.

Does this help?

***
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking#head-d5446face7e308f577e5aee1c72cf9d156903722

MAC addresses

Virtualised network interfaces in domains are given Ethernet MAC
addresses. By default xend will select a random address, this will differ
between instantiations of the domain. If it is required to have a fixed
MAC address for a domain (e.g. for using with DHCP) then this can be
configured using the mac= option to the vif configuration directive (e.g.
vif = ['mac=aa:00:00:00:00:11']).
***

Greetings,

--