Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 8 May 2010 22:35, consul tores <consultores1@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What useless information? I'd like to fix that if you will be more
>>> specific.
>>
>> Who are you figuring out you are, man?
>>

> A KDE contributor who is trying to help make KDE suitable for you. If
> you do not appreciate that then I can just buzz right off, no hard
> feelings.

Hi, this was the most useless part of this thread that I have ever read.
2-3 mails are ok but about 30 is too much.

I also think that KDE team maid a mistake in dropping support on the 3 line.
Still I'm sure all of us would be able to use it for the next 4-5 years
(probably with backporting).
Unfortunately as it has been stated, we can not stop the time and there are
just few options to take.
Either prepare for using backported kde3 or look forward to get KDE4 behave
like kde3 did or similarly. Definitely Dotans way is the better from my
point of view and I believe that kde4.5 will be as usable as kde3.5 is.

There was a discussion right after they brought the 4.0 out and everybody
was criticizing it. then there was a public campaign (may be still in
youtube) where kde spokesman explained the motivation behind and as kde is
for free I completely understood it.

If someone does not like what kde is doing then he/she is not understanding
how opensource is moving in the future.

I didn't have time to try it yet this weekend ... may be I'll go for a live
cd to check first or finish my usb drive setup.

I also think the 4.4 version is pretty usable and as soon as all
applications that I need are usable I will move to kde4.

kind regards