Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Please tell me what KDE 4.4 is missing, or what it has that you
dislike. I can help address those issues.

I doubt it, because I think that the problem is the basic philosophy. They have sacrificed funtionality in favour of glitz.

E.g.
1. You cannot turn off all those horrible, and to me actually physically painful (I have problems with my eyes) "special effects" _before_ being subjected to them. (All that horrible wobbly, wavy, shimmery, spinning transparent glitz.)
Yep, that's true. But I need to wade trough unhelpfulness and ugliness before any window manager is doing what I want it to do.
2. ctrl+tab does not move to the next window.
??? Works fine here.
3. alt+F2 is cumbersome and unhelpful. (In KDE 3.5.x I can type e.g. k and be presented with a list of all the applications that I have previously used beginning with k.)
It gives options here. And not only options used previously, as KDE 3.5 did.
4. Alt+F1 does not bring up the menu.
??? Works here
5. Kcontrol no longer exists.
It's named differently, but what's the basic difference between the control panel and the system settings.

Please do not judge KDE4 by not being a copy of KDE 3.5. If that was the case, there would be no point in making a new version anyway. The important question is whether KDE lacks functionality that should be there (this includes, but is not limited to, functionality present in KDE <4) and if that's the case, file a bug report. But of course, don't be bothered if the functionality *looks* different. Again, if all the functionality would look the same, there would be no point creating a new version.

Sjoerd