Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Sunday 09 May 2010 15:30:35 Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
> > Perhaps you should read Dotan's last two emails to me (especially the
> > last one) before complaining about my complaint.
>
> Well, that's kind of hard since they are sent to you. Unless you want me
> to hack your mailbox ;)
>
> > And my crime??  For which you too clearly feel that I should be subjected
> > to the unpleasant bullying in emails direct to me?  I use KDE 3, but do
> > not intend to use KDE 4.
>
> As far as I have seen the mails of Dotan on this list (the one I'm
> following), he is currently collecting issues with KDE4 and filing the
> to the devs.

I have already forwarded them to the list and would gladly send them on to you
if you were to ask me to do so.  But list policy is to stay on list unless
requested to do otherwise. ;-)

The last one in particular was personal, rude and unpleasant.  He is not
simply
<quote>
> collecting issues with KDE4 and filing the
> to the devs.</quote>

He is doing that, but in addition he is bullying people most unpleasantly if
they do not do his bidding.  I do not use KDE 4 and have no wish to do so.

The only thing I could have done differently (other than not send that very
short and mild complaint) is bow down to Dotan and agree that I have no right
to dislike KDE 4, because he does not find my reasons valid.  I tried to end
this by simply not replying, but even that did not rescue me - he sent
another email, to which I again did not reply.  What more could I do, other
than be very rude myself, to make him go away?

I do not have to give him reasons for my dislike.  I dislike KDE 4 and do not
use it.  That is surely my right?  I dislike fennel.  No-one tries to
force-feed me with it!

And surely I have no duty to help Dotan in his single minded ambition to
impose KDE 4 on all the world?  Many of us do not use it.  Several people
have been very helpful in sending me comments (_on_ list) on other
possibilities.

If he is truly doing what he is doing from altruistic motives, then surely he
must only "help" (help????) those who want his help, not bully those who
don't.

Lisi