Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On 9 May 2010 18:02, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have already forwarded them to the list and would gladly send them on to you
> if you were to ask me to do so.  But list policy is to stay on list unless
> requested to do otherwise. ;-)
>
> The last one in particular was personal, rude and unpleasant.  He is not
> simply
> <quote>
>> collecting issues with KDE4 and filing the
>> to the devs.</quote>
>
> He is doing that, but in addition he is bullying people most unpleasantly if
> they do not do his bidding.  I do not use KDE 4 and have no wish to do so.

Please quote where I "bullied" you.

> The only thing I could have done differently (other than not send that very
> short and mild complaint) is bow down to Dotan and agree that I have no right
> to dislike KDE 4, because he does not find my reasons valid.  I tried to end
> this by simply not replying, but even that did not rescue me - he sent
> another email, to which I again did not reply.  What more could I do, other
> than be very rude myself, to make him go away?

I expect you to dislike KDE 4, as it does not suit your needs! That is
quite why I ask what your problems are, so that I might fix them. I
have never disputed your reasons, rather, I agree that your reasons
are valid and are cause for concern. The only thing that I disagreed
with you was on default settings of composting, and even in that
context I offered to personally design a KDE default configuration for
you that you could have composting disabled  before loading KDE for
the first time. Rude? Unpleasant? I bend over backwards to help you.

> I do not have to give him reasons for my dislike.  I dislike KDE 4 and do not
> use it.  That is surely my right?  I dislike fennel.  No-one tries to
> force-feed me with it!

I clearly stated that my intention is not to try to convince you to
use KDE 4, rather, that my intention is to learn about the problems
that you have with KDE 4 so that I might fix them. You don't have to
help me fix KDE 4, but it is only to your own benefit to do so.
Contributors of what other software have asked you personally about
your problems with the software?

> And surely I have no duty to help Dotan in his single minded ambition to
> impose KDE 4 on all the world?  Many of us do not use it.  Several people
> have been very helpful in sending me comments (_on_ list) on other
> possibilities.
>
> If he is truly doing what he is doing from altruistic motives, then surely he
> must only "help" (help????) those who want his help, not bully those who
> don't.

No problem, I won't help you any more. You never expressed your desire
that I might not communicate with you, other than complaining that I
do. I get the point, don't worry, I won't ask you about KDE 4 any
more.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com