Re: Unable to find growisofs executable . . .

~
 I just discovered k3b was not included in knoppix version 6.2
~
> sm01@stt008:~$ whereis growisofs
> growisofs: /usr/bin/growisofs /usr/share/man/man1/growisofs.1.gz
>
> If that returns no output, you'll have to follow the wise-advice of K3B:
> "(sic) Solution: Install the dvd+rw-tools package." :-)
~
 however growisofs is installed
~
$ whereis growisofs
growisofs: /usr/bin/growisofs /usr/share/man/man1/growisofs.1.gz
~
 as well as dvd+rw-tools
~
$ dpkg -l | grep dvd+rw-tools
ii  dvd+rw-tools                           7.1-5
       DVD+-RW/R tools
~
 and both the CD and DVD burners are detected
~
$ cat /etc/fstab | grep /dev/sr
/dev/sr1 /media/sr1 auto ro,noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/sr0 /media/sr0 auto ro,noauto,users,exec 0 0
~
 even though I can not exactly see which these devices were detected
as because lshw was excluded as well and all dmesg reports are:
"[53121.105116] eth1: auto-negotiating..." like messages
~
 Well the days of using k3b as front end seem to be gone:
~
$ mkisofs -version
mkisofs 2.01 is not what you see here. This line is only a fake for too clever
GUIs and other frontend applications. In fact, this program is:
genisoimage 1.1.9 (Linux)
~
$ genisoimage -version
genisoimage 1.1.9 (Linux)