Unable to find growisofs executable . . .

 Hi,
~
 I am using knoppix 5.1.1 based on kernel version 2.6.19 (resembking
kubuntu dapper):
~
$ dmesg | grep "Linux version"
Linux version 2.6.19 (root@Knoppix) (gcc version 4.1.2 20061028
(prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-19)) #7 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 17 22:01:07 CET
2006
~
 and I recently installed a DVD burner, model: LiteOn iHAS424-98 Y
~
$ dmesg | grep DVD
hda: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42N, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hda: ATAPI 48X DVD-ROM DVD-R-RAM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache
~
 the LiteOn DVD burner I installed as a SATA device. However it
somehow shows as an hda one apparently sharing the same device as the
IDE CD/DVD-ROM combo that I had. Why is that?
~
 I have also noticed errors/warnings
~
$ sudo k3b
ERROR: Communication problem with k3b, it probably crashed.
$ Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-knoppix" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/var/tmp/kdecache-root"
Error: "/tmp/kde-knoppix" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/kde-root"
Error: "/tmp/ksocket-knoppix" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-root"
~
 which you avoid by starting k3b as kde superuser
~
$ sudo k3b
~
 however you get errors complaining about an "growisofs executable" ...
~
System configuration problems:
Unable to find growisofs executable
K3b uses growisofs to actually write dvds. Without growisofs you won't
be able to write dvds. Make sure to install at least version 5.10.
Solution: Install the dvd+rw-tools package.
~
 How can I troubleshoot all of that/use my DVD burner?
~
 Thank you
 lbrtchx