adding 192.x with static IP

I have a static IP setup, I wish to add a router and it has a web
interface, I can get to it if I start a DHCP server and then
192.168.1.1 is setup, but I'd really prefer to not do this.
Is there a way I can setup devices such as this without needing to run
DHCP? Also I was generally curious if there is any program which will
search my LAN and report the address of any network enabled devices it
finds (firewalls, DSL modems, routers, etc.)? Thanks!

Zach

<>< http://www.fidei.org ><>