adding 192.x with static IP

I have a static IP setup, I wish to add a router and it has a web
interface, I can get to it if I start a DHCP server and then is setup, but I'd really prefer to not do this.
Is there a way I can setup devices such as this without needing to run
DHCP? Also I was generally curious if there is any program which will
search my LAN and report the address of any network enabled devices it
finds (firewalls, DSL modems, routers, etc.)? Thanks!

<>< http://www.fidei.org ><>