Re: Why are there no latest books written for Debian systems?

also sprach Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> [2010.04.21.1534 +0200]:
> This is hardly a new book.  In fact, it was written in the days of Woody.
> (Woody -> Sarge -> Etch -> Lenny -> Squeeze)

It was written in the days of the sarge freeze and is entirely
focused on sarge.

> And parts of it are obsolete.  But the author focuses on the core
> stuff of Unix/Linux, and so most of it is still current. It's an
> excellent guide for how to accomplish common computing tasks in
> Linux,

Interesting analysis. ;)

I /wanted/ to focus on Debian and leave out the "core stuff of
Unix/Linux" and "common computing tasks", because that's documented
elsewhere.

It is true that in the last 5 years, some parts have been obsoleted,
but I'd say most of it still applies.

Regardless, there's a need for a new edition. I am working on it.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

echo Prpv a\'rfg cnf har cvcr | tr Pacfghnrvp Cnpstuaeic