Re: Why are there no latest books written for Debian systems?

On 21/04/10 06:15, surreal wrote:
> I wanted to buy a book about Debian, I found that the last book written was
> way back in 2005 by Martin F.
> Krafft<http://www.amazon.com/Martin-F.-Krafft/e/B001K892PK/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1271826559&sr=8-1>

This is hardly a new book.  In fact, it was written in the days of Woody.
(Woody -> Sarge -> Etch -> Lenny -> Squeeze)
And parts of it are obsolete.  But the author focuses on the core stuff of
Unix/Linux, and so most of it is still current.  It's an excellent guide
for how to accomplish common computing tasks in Linux, usually with a
command line tool, and the author has a clear bent toward Debian.

   http://dsl.org/cookbook/cookbook_toc.html

This is the original version of the book, and it is free.  There's an
expanded 2nd Edition available in hard copy for a fee.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :