Re: Lite SMTP server/daemon

d.sastre.medina@gmail.com put forth on 4/24/2010 3:51 AM:
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 09:19:56AM +0200, export@hope.cz wrote:
>>    I use Linux running in  Compact Flash so that the size of the Compact
>>    flash memory is the limit
>>    Only SMTP, no POP3 server
>>    Can you suggest something?
>
> Hello,
>
> This simple search:
>
> $ apt-cache search mta light
>
> showed some exim4 packages and the one you are looking for:
>
> $ apt-cache show msmtp-mta
> Package: msmtp-mta

You must have missed this in the OP's post.  It's omitted in your reply
quote as well:  "Users will send emails to a program running..."

I take this to mean _remote_ network users.  msmtp-mta is an smtp _CLIENT_
only.  It will not fit the OP's need.  The OP's comment implies an smtp
listener is needed.

From: http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/doc/msmtp.html#Configuration-files

"1 Introduction

msmtp is an SMTP client.

In its default mode of operation, it reads a mail from standard input and
sends it to a predefined SMTP server that takes care of proper delivery.
Command line options and exit codes are compatible to sendmail."

It seems clear that the OP is going to need an smtp mta with pipe or local
delivery capability.  Which one will depend on the answers to the questions
in my previous post.

--
Stan