Re: Lite SMTP server/daemon

On Sat,24.Apr.10, 10:51:56, d.sastre.medina@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 09:19:56AM +0200, export@hope.cz wrote:
> >    I use Linux running in  Compact Flash so that the size of the Compact
> >    flash memory is the limit
> >    Only SMTP, no POP3 server
> >    Can you suggest something?
>
> Hello,
>
> This simple search:
>
> $ apt-cache search mta light
>
> showed some exim4 packages and the one you are looking for:
>
> $ apt-cache show msmtp-mta
>  msmtp is an SMTP client that can be used to send mails from Mutt and
> probably
>  other MUAs (mail user agents). It forwards mails to an SMTP server
> (for
>  example at a free mail provider), which takes care of the final
> delivery.

msmtp will *not* accept incoming mail (which is what the OP asked for).

The solution is probably one of exim or postfix, possibly recompiled to
keep only a minimum of features needed for the given application, an
answer to Stan's mail will tell more.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. What keyserver are you using, subkeys keeps timing out when mutt
requests your key