Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

Stefan's suggestion is interesting, but I know pretty much nothing about
the Law: I am doing (CS) engineering studies!

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21 at 15:04, Stefan Monnier penned:
>

> Except that most technical people would probably rather hammer a nail
> through their forehead than go through the pain of suing someone and
> dealing with the legal system, the paper work, the time involved ...

And the financial (and social) cost of such paper work and investigations.
> So looking for a technical solution, even one that requires an
> enormous amount of development time, makes sense.  Maybe the
> development time is actually a bonus, if you're interested in that
> sort of tinkering already.

True.
> All of that being said - this entire thread is really a question of
> security, and security is a process and an approach, not an end result.
> There is no such thing as a 100% secure system that is also useful, in
> the same way that there is no such thing as a 100% secure PDF that is
> also useful.  So the real goal is to make the document "secure enough"
> for one's purposes, while also making the document "usable enough" for
> those purposes.  I think there have been a lot of good ideas on this
> thread for managing that trade-off.

Yes. Your relevant remark should conclude the thread.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Procrastination is the thief of time.