Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:31:30 +0200
> Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>

> Anti-features like locking and password protection are not supported
> and, if implemented, could make the free software tools appear non-free
> by restricting the functionality available to the user. In this case,
> the needs of the user outweigh the restrictive tendencies of the writer
> of the original format. There are no other formats in Debian (AFAICT)
> which try to prevent only some documents of that format from being
> printed. Removal or ignoring the addition of code to support such
> restrictions is a feature in free software IMHO. All PDF's should be
> printable by free software.

Thanks. I can understand this point of view, but, sometimes, such
anti-features can be activated for safety reasons. This is the first
time I have to do it, but it was necessary, at least until friday.

Thanks,

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.