Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

Merciadri Luca schreef:
Neil Williams wrote:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:31:30 +0200
Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

Anti-features like locking and password protection are not supported
and, if implemented, could make the free software tools appear non-free
by restricting the functionality available to the user. In this case,
the needs of the user outweigh the restrictive tendencies of the writer
of the original format. There are no other formats in Debian (AFAICT)
which try to prevent only some documents of that format from being
printed. Removal or ignoring the addition of code to support such
restrictions is a feature in free software IMHO. All PDF's should be
printable by free software.

Thanks. I can understand this point of view, but, sometimes, such
anti-features can be activated for safety reasons. This is the first
time I have to do it, but it was necessary, at least until friday.
Pdf "anti-features" are fake security. Don't trust on them, never.

Sjoerd