Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

 James Zuelow wrote:

> That's not a technical problem, it's a management problem.

I totally agree.
> If you can't trust this person to not forward information when he shouldn't, then they should not be involved.

_should_. But I am not the person who decides. I am not neither the
professor nor the lecturer.
> This goes for employment, student projects, a TA that might send test questions to students, or anything else.

Totally agree.
> Trust is something you can't enforce with technical means.
Such technical means are, for me, only interesting when the problem
cannot be fixed in a human way.
>  Perhaps your colleague doesn't understand the importance of being trustworthy with data.  Which is too bad for him no matter what field he gets into after school.

Precisely, but I had to deal with the facts: a decision had to be taken,
and when
- you cannot speak to persons because of their `bad faith' (I do not
know how you say this in English, actually, that means that one always
give a distorted point of view about everything on a given subject), and
- you cannot be understood by supervisors, etc.,

you need to act alone, and that is why technical means are sometimes
useful. I do not say that such a situation couldn't be fixed by natural
ways (i.e. speaking, etc.), but I say that when you need to act alone,
and that time is running out, technical means sometimes deserve their
interest.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride
worthwhile.