Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Mikhail Gusarov wrote:
>> Twas brillig at 17:32:51 19.04.2010 UTC+02 when
>> Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be did gyre and gimble:
>>
>>  >> Pdf "anti-features" are fake security. Don't trust on them, never.
>>  ML> And what do you suggest if one wants some real protection _and_ the
>>  ML> benefits of a format like PDF? Thanks.
>>
>> There is no "real" protection.
>>

> Okay. Simple, but definitive.

The real protection would be not to send that information. Why would an
honest soul ever allow information to be read, but not printed?

Even with acroread it is possible to print screenshots of the documents.
Might be a pain to reconstruct a multipage document, but not impossible.

--
Johannes

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the
humble reasoning of a single individual.
- Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)