Re: How to play 3gp audio files?

* Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> [100417 11:46]:
> 2/ Dunno if you already installed the mpeg/ffmpeg versions from
> "debian-multimedia" repo, as Ron already pointed out. That could be
> another thing you can test.

Yes! Installing the debian-multimedia versions of ffmpeg and mplayer
did the trick. I didn't fully grok what Ron wrote (thanks!), but now
I see how to `apt-cache policy ffmpeg` & `apt-cache policy mplayer`
to find out what the debian-multimedia versions are and install them:

    aptitude install ffmpeg=5:0.5.1+svn20100411-0.0
    aptitude install mplayer=1:1.0.rc2svn20100407-0.0

Now the 3gp audio files play fine. They do seem to take up a bit more
CPU than mp3 or flac, but maybe that's just inherent to how they are
compressed.

John

--
John Magolske