Re: How to play 3gp audio files?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:00:00 -0700, John Magolske wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to play *.3gp audio files from the command line.
> Mplayer doesn't seem to work:

(...)

>     Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
>     Cannot find codec 'libamr_nb' in libavcodec... ADecoder init failed

(...)

> Any suggestions for alternate approaches, pointers on how & what to
> install in terms of a codec, or maybe a way to convert these files
> (ideally without transcoding degradation)?

Mmmm, it seems you are missing a codec (AMR). In debian multimedia repo
there is one package that provides that codec:

***
floating-point Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) speech codec
http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/package/amrnb.php
***

That is for lenny 32-bits. Not sure if this will solve the problem :-?

OTOH, there are online conversion tools that may also help:

http://www.zamzar.com/conversionTypes.php#videos

Greetings,

--
Camaleón