Re: [OT] Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)

Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:46:45 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:

(...)
You're welcome to search our archives.  But don't post here unless you
run Debian, want to know how your system works, and are willing to help
others as well as yourself.  I'm not trying to be unkind.  I have
nothing against you personally.  But it is not fair for you to run
another OS and then come over here asking for free help.  This is not a
forum for users of all 250+ Debian-derived distributions.  This is a
*Debian* forum. Period.

Uh, that hurts :-(

I join another distribution mailing lists and is not so uncommon to see questions coming from another OS (linux based).

We are all in the same boat.

I acknowledge every list has it own rules but true is that some questions are so wide that are also valid for any kind of linux flavour and every list user will get benefit from the responses.

And Ubuntu and Debian are almost "cousins". Well, I think you already know my personal point of view about this.

Greetings,

We can talk about everything not just Linux OS on d-community-offtopic@lists.alioth.debian.org

Why not ask there?

--