Re: [OT] Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)

>> No, these are normal everyday people who don't know what Windows or
>> what Linux is. They have a problem, they call me. No bitching, no
>> blaming.
>>

> In that case there is no really meter what they have. Only you will do him a
> big favor if you put Debian because in that case they will be much  safer
> from virus's and it's much easier to open synaptic, hit refresh button,
> upgrade and apply then manually download all app. and next, next, next,
> reboot.
> From my experience it is really much easier to have Debian then Windows.
> They will call you less :-)

That is exactly what I do! However, I use a Debian derivative as it
has slightly better hardware support out of the box and more
up-to-date packages than straight Debian. That is exactly what this
thread is about.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com