Re: How to read log files

> Based on your previous posts, I take that to mean
>
> Tell me what book I should get to teach me how to fix errors I may encounter
> on my linux system.

No, a better paraphrase might be: "Please suggest resources (both
online and off) from where I could learn more about Debian-based
systems, specifically how to parse log files for errors".

> My answer is  Google is your friend.  I am not about to do your research
> for you.  This is a Help List but it is expected that the person asking for
> help has already tried other sources before asking for help here.

Actually I ask so that I could research the problems myself. My
ultimate goal is to learn, not to fix any particular problem.

> Microsoft help costs $, unless you search the net for answers.  Linux
> answers, be they good or bad, abound on the net.  Ask the right question and
> you will get answers.  You should have learned some of the questions to ask,
> Google, by all of the answers you have received in this thread.

If I were having a specific problem, then yes I would google it. But
googling for "how to parse linux log files" is not getting me any good
learning material. I had hoped that the gurus here might have come
across such a resource in their travels.

> Happy researching....

Thanks, Wayne, it often is!

--
Dotan Cohen