Re: How to read log files

> My 2 cents: read and understand log messages when you are in trouble,
> if system is working well, you don't need understand these logs.

But in that case I would not be able to identify the faulty lines in
the log. I need to know what a healthy log looks like, to diagnose a
sick one.

> google and source code are your friend if you want to understand a
> message which you don't understand

At this point I would be googling all the messages, so if there is a
fine manual which documents the messages in /var/log/messages then
that would be great.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com