Re: Installing Video Drivers Manually

Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
> The nvidia installer from upstream will give you issues.

Actually I can't confirm that, using the Nvidia installer for quite a
long time now. My experience is more like 'a walk in the park' to
install it. Very easy, even if rollbacks are needed, eg. at the moment
when 195.x doesn't work too well with testing. Simply reinstalled 190.x
and that was it. What issues? I'm using it on unstable and testing
without any problems.

> In debian we
> use module-assistant to install things such as this.

I used to do it that way, too. But if you need fixes for stuff (eg. KDE
problems), the upstream driver releases are what come out first. It
really depends.

HTH, ändu