Re: nvidia 32-bit opengl libs

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:33:48 -0600
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:

> bss@monster:~% aptitude search nvidia
> [...]
> i   nvidia-glx-ia32                 - NVIDIA binary driver 32bit libs
> [...]
> bss@monster:~% apt-cache policy nvidia-glx-ia32
> nvidia-glx-ia32:
>   Installed: 190.53-2
>   Candidate: 190.53-2
>   Version table:
>  *** 190.53-2 0
>         500 http://127.0.0.1 unstable/non-free Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      173.14.09-5 0
>         900 http://127.0.0.1 stable/non-free Packages
>         700 http://127.0.0.1 testing/non-free Packages
>
> Maybe?  Make sure you get the version that matches your Xorg driver
> version.

Great!

Sadly I can't get anything installed, I'm lost in version hell (there
seems to be a lot of that going on in unstable right now, I'm having
the same problem with kernel stuff).

nvidia-glx-ia32

  nvidia-glx-ia32: Depends: nvidia-kernel-190.53 but it is not
  installable E: Broken packages

nvidia-kernel-190.53:

Package nvidia-kernel-190.53 is not available, but is referred to by
another package.

then I tried legacy :

  nvidia-glx-legacy-173xx-ia32: Depends:
  nvidia-kernel-legacy-173xx-173.14.25 but it is not installable

That's what happens when you live on the edge ;-)

THings may right themselves w.r.t to 190.53 and
then I can try again.  I'd certainly rather try and get 190.53
installed than spend energy on the current version, since it's now
labelled legacy. 190.53 is pretty close to the current nvidia driver.

meanwhile I've learned most excellenc apt* tricks for package searching.

Thanks again !

Brian