Re: Any incompatibility with Ethernet adapters?

On 2010-03-22 13:23, Jason Filippou wrote:
[snip]

Hi,

1. My motherboard is an MSI P965 Neo F and, as I didn't feel like
opening my computer case and looking to find the exact model of the
network adapter, I googled a bit and found the following here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130052

"and the RTL8110SC LAN card offers unparalleled 10/100/1000 Mbps
Ethernet connectivity."

So I'm guessing that's my network card.

2. I mean that I am unable to even view my router interface from both
my Linux and Windows partition and when I "ping" its default gateway,
I get 100% packet transfer failure. However, when I connect with the
same Ethernet cable from my laptop, everything works fine. So there's
no trouble from either the ISP or the router. (my ISP actually
confirmed that they're not seeing any trouble with my connection from
their end).

Has this card worked for you with Linux in the past? Or is this a fresh install?

3. Agreed.

I was just phoned by a friend who advised me to look for updated
firmware/drivers for my network adapter before I go ahead and purchase
a new one. Sounds like a wise plan, I'll try it and update this.

Do that last.

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower