Re: Any incompatibility with Ethernet adapters?

Jason Filippou wrote:
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Aioanei Rares
<debian.dev.list@gmail.com> wrote:
On 03/22/2010 07:42 PM, Jason Filippou wrote:
Hi,

My mobo's network card's crashed and I was wondering if I'd have to be
weary on which would be the next one I'd have to purchase as far as
Debian compatibility is concerned. Are there ethernet adapters out
there that have incompatibility problems with Debian or Linux in
general? I know that some drivers are not yet available for wireless
interfaces, but I don't know what the case is with ethernet adapters.

Thanks

1. What card is it exactly?
2. What do you mean by 'the network card crashed'?
3. A google search like '$card linux' will likely show you if the card has
drivers and works well with linux.

Hi,

1. My motherboard is an MSI P965 Neo F and, as I didn't feel like
opening my computer case and looking to find the exact model of the
network adapter, I googled a bit and found the following here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130052

"and the RTL8110SC LAN card offers unparalleled 10/100/1000 Mbps
Ethernet connectivity."

So I'm guessing that's my network card.

Rather then guessing or opening up the computer you could use the tools provided by your Linux installation.

Like
lspci -v |grep -i ethernet

Wayne

--