Re: Iceweasel (from backports) keeps busy cursor at startup

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 10:21 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:15:49 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 10:10 +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
>
> >> Try explicitly setting StartupNotify=false in the .desktop file.
> > <snip>
> > That did the trick! What does that do? Thanks - John
>
> It's documented here:
>
> ***
> Startup notification
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/integration-guide/stable/startup-notification.html.en
> ***
>
> I think I will forward this thread to the backport list so someone there
> could explain or fix this in any upcoming release.
<snip>
Hmm . . . having read this, I wonder if we have only masked the
underlying problem.  Something is causing Iceweasel to think it has not
fully initialized and we've simply turned off the mechanism that allows
it to tell us so.  Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks - John