Re: gnash vs. flash

> There is a quote, which I can't find now, which approximately says,
> "Excess in defense of liberty is not excess."  Said by a Republican...

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you
also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Said by Barry Goldwater, a very different type of Republican from the
current crop of loons: an actual conservative (with strong libertarian
leanings).  He was an opponent of the religious right.

> ...definitely not a fellow traveler of RMS.

You might be surprised.  He would not agree with most of RMS's very
conventional liberal politics, but he might very well have approved of
Free Software.
--
John Hasler