Re: gnash vs. flash

> There is a quote, which I can't find now, which approximately says,
> "Excess in defense of liberty is not excess."  Said by a Republican...

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you
also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Said by Barry Goldwater, a very different type of Republican from the
current crop of loons: an actual conservative (with strong libertarian
leanings).  He was an opponent of the religious right.

> ...definitely not a fellow traveler of RMS.

You might be surprised.  He would not agree with most of RMS's very
conventional liberal politics, but he might very well have approved of
Free Software.
John Hasler