(Partially SOLVED) Re: Wireless still not working

And do I feel silly!

Because I was out of ideas of what to do, I decided to look through my BIOS settings.  The wireless was turned OFF in the BIOS.  Could this be why nothing was showing up in syslog, Andrei?  I had not checked this, before, since it was working if I booted into Eeebuntu, or the OS that must not be named, so of course the hardware and BIOS must be OK.  But it wasn't.  Once I turned the WLAN on in the BIOS the modules loaded, my radio turned on and I was able to find my wireless network.

Now, my problem is with connecting and that is probably a configuration problem, but...

My wireless network shows up in wicd and I select it and click on "Connect."  Wicd connects and authenticates, then it tries to retrieve an IP address through DHCP.  After a few minutes of this, it gives up.  I don't know that much about wireless connections, so I still need help.  I am using WEP security and have entered my hex passcode.  Wicd has already passed the authentication phase, so that should not be an issue.  Why would it not be able to retrieve an IP address?  This sounds like a DHCP configuration issue, but I don't know where to look for that, either.  Is there a config file that I could compare between the Debian and Eeebuntu installations?

 Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com