Re: (OT) gnash vs. flash

Dotan writes:
> No, there is a difference between checking all software for possible
> patent infringement and including known offenders. But the line is
> grey, to be sure.

It would not violate the Social Contract but it could get distributors
into legal trouble.  We want people to feel that they can safely
redistribute Debian without having a lawyer review each package.

There was once talk of setting up multiple archives in various countries
to dodge around legal restrictions (patents in the US and Japan, games
in Germany and Australia, etc) but nothing ever came of it.
--
John Hasler