Re: Resume broke after upgrading Squeeze in my T61

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Perttu Muurimäki
<perttu.muurimaki@elisanet.fi> wrote:
[snip]
> I'm really not certain that this would have worked without today's
> dist-upgrade (which updated devicekit-power, libdevkit-power-gobject1,
> libupower-glib1, upower, acpi-support-base and acpi-support) :| I think
> I tried doing 'pm-suspend --quirk-vbe-post --quirk-vbemode-restore
> --quirk-test' from command line several times before but somehow it
> started to work today.

I now realize your issue is different than mine.  I had been doing
hibernate (or pm-hibernate) on my Lenny machine.  This continues to
fail to resume the hibernated image even after appending '
--quirk-vbe-post --quirk-vbemode-restore --quirk-test'.  On the other
hand, pm-suspend works fine.   Thanks for bringing this alternative to
my attention, though I wonder how much more power suspend uses than
hibernate.