Resume broke after upgrading Squeeze in my T61

Hi,

Resuming stopped working in my Lenovo T61 when I dist-upgraded last
tuesday. It was a biggish upgrade since I hadn't done upgrading for
more than a week so unfortunately there are several possible reasons
:|

Symptoms: screen stays black after resume. Network and bluetooth leds
come on and everything else appears to work. Magic sysrq -keys work
and I can boot the machine cleanly.

Quirks hadn't changed. Same quirks that were effective prior upgrade
are still in lshal -listing.

Suspect packages that were upgraded: hal, acpid, acpi-support,
acpi-support-base, pm-utils

Any ideas are gratefully appreciated :)

--

Perttu Muurim ki