Fan running constantly after kernel upgrade to 2.6.32-3

I have a Dell Studio 1557 Core i7 720qm. I've noticed that in my Debian Squeeze boot (my default) the fan runs much louder than when booted into Windows 7. The temps are about the same but seems like the fans don't reduce as quickly in debian for some reason. In the most recent kernel upgrade I noticed that once the fan speeds up during heavy processing it doesn't slow back down even after the temp drops for some time. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric