Re: aptitude lists linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 under Obsolete and Locally Created Packages?

Snood wrote:

dpkg -l linux-image |grep ^i

 will show you that the version, -3, changed.  The name did not.

Wayne

That command results in nothing at all on my system. Is that significant?

No, because, stupid me, forgot to type it correctly.  Try this

dpkg -l linux-image* |grep ^i

The wildcard * tells it to check for all the linux-image files
The |grep ^i means -- only show packages that have 'i' in the first column, which means show only the installed packages.

This list code of conduct discourages sending personal mail. I am including the list in the cc so other users may benefit from your question. Please ask questions on the list and not directly to members.

Thank you

Wayne