Problem with printer HP Deskjet 1120

Hi to Everyone,

My printer has been running under Debian Linux for years, without problem, except this : I have not found how to align the heads when replacing ink cartridges. You are supposed to do this each time you install a new cartridge, or else high quality color printing is not obtained.

So, up to now, at each new cartridge installed, I had to disconnect my printer and re-connect it to a very old PC running under Windows 95 so as to perform the head alignment.

On my newer PC, I also have a Windows partition (XP), but, so far, I have been unable to install an HP driver that would work. The one that I got when I bought the printer (back a number of years ago), which was meant for Win 95 and Win 3.1, refuses to install on 'XP'.

Thanks in advance for your advices