Re: Problem with printer HP Deskjet 1120

On 2010-03-14 06:17, Bernard wrote:
Hi to Everyone,

My printer has been running under Debian Linux for years, without problem, except this : I have not found how to align the heads when replacing ink cartridges. You are supposed to do this each time you install a new cartridge, or else high quality color printing is not obtained.

So, up to now, at each new cartridge installed, I had to disconnect my printer and re-connect it to a very old PC running under Windows 95 so as to perform the head alignment.

According to this[0] page, you should use the hplip driver. Are you? If so, are you saying that the "align the heads" functionality isn't part of the utility? (I find that difficult to believe.)

$ apt-cache show hplip
[snip]
  * Command line utilities to perform printer maintenance, such as
    ink-level monitoring or pen cleaning and calibration

[0] http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-DeskJet_1120C

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka